Our 6 point prescription:
- The ideal outdoor session is 20 – 60 minutes (or longer). Total outdoor time for a week should be 3 hours (or more).
- Engage your senses; the more the better. A walk in woods > a hammock session > looking out a window at trees.
- The more active you are outdoors, the better the benefits.“Green” Exercise = Exercise Squared. The benefits are exponential.
- Make it recess. The more you control the time, the better. You pick what you do & for how long. That’s better than an adult or coach choosing for you.
- Alone or with others? Absolutely up to you.
- Play in the rain. Being out in all weather conditions (provided they’re safe of course!) can be beneficial.